I. WHO WE ARE
AGICOA Europe Brussels SC (hereinafter also referred to as “AEB, “us”, “we”) established at 19C/32, rue des Chartreux, B – 1000 Brussels, Belgium, is a collective management company whose purpose consists in the collective management of copyright and related rights on behalf of producers of audiovisual works and that is incorporated as a Belgian cooperative company registered with the Register of Legal Entities RPM Bruxelles under number BE 0.426.385.274 and is entrusted with this management by the Ministerial Decree of 10 January 1996.
As the data controller, AEB is responsible for the processing of your personal data. As such, AEB is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
II. WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data is all information relating to an identified or identifiable person such as inter alia a person’s name, address, e-mail address, country of residence, and phone number.
When we refer to “you” or “your” we refer not-only to visitors of AEB’s website but also to all third-parties with whom AEB might interact in the context of its activities.
We may also apply additional privacy policies/notices in specific circumstances.
IV. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS?
We may receive personal data:
- From you when you fill in the applicable forms available on our website (www.agicoabrussels.eu) or contact us in writing, by telephone, email or otherwise;
- From third-parties such as the members of the AGICOA Alliance, rightholders or their representatives or service providers;
- From publicly available sources such as websites, commercial registers or social networks.
Personal data that we may collect from third-parties will depend on the context, but can include the following categories:
- Contact details such as name, address, telephone number and email;
- Professional information such as title and employer’s name.
Whenever personal data is collected (e.g. via the website contact form), we will indicate whether the provision of such data is mandatory (e.g. with an asterisk). In general, if mandatory data fields are not completed, you will not be able to contact us.
V. HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will only process your personal data if we have valid legal grounds for doing so. Depending on the activity carried out, we will therefore only process your personal data based on the following principles:
The processing is necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations to you or to take pre-contractual steps at your request (cf. Article 6(1)(b) GDPR).
The processing is necessary for the fulfilment of our legitimate interests, and only to the extent that your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms do not require us to refrain from processing (cf. Article 6(1)(f) GDPR).
Our legitimate interests include: (i) ensuring that our services are provided to our declarants, (ii) protecting the security of our IT systems and (iii) achieving our purpose as set forth in our Bylaws.
Where we have obtained your prior consent in a clear and unambiguous manner (cf. Article 6(1)(a) GDPR).
The processing is necessary to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations (cf. Article 6(1)(c) GDPR).
VI. WHY DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We process your personal data for the management of your relationship with AEB, which includes:
You as visitor of our website
|Ensuring functioning of our website
Improving our website
Improving your experience when visiting our website
|Legitimate Interest Consent
|You as rightholder or future declarant
|Your interactions with us, e.g. to respond to your questions
|When providing services to you
|Ensuring compliance with any legal obligation or enforcement of the AEB Governing Rules, or any other agreements
|Your punctual information regarding the developments of our activities
|The protection of the rights, property, or safety of AEB, its Members and/or Declarants, or other third-parties
|Contractual Necessity Legitimate Interest
|You as service provider
|To identify you as contractor
To contact you
VII. WHO YOUR PERSONAL DATA MIGHT BE SHARED WITH?
We may share your personal data, for the purposes described above, with:
- Partner Organizations within the AGICOA Alliance, other collective management organizations, independent management entities or with users authorizing the exploitation of the rights managed by AEB to comply with the existing agreements, secure new agreements with them or claim royalties on your behalf;
- Our business partners, suppliers, agents and sub-contractors (such as IT and cloud providers, tax and accounting service providers), or any other third-parties engaged for the fulfilment of undertakings we have with you and the provision of support services to us; and
- Any authority such as courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies, auditors and professional advisers in order to, inter alia, comply with any legal obligation, prevent fraud, enforce any agreement or protect the rights, property and safety of AEB, its declarants or any other third-parties.
In the contexts described above, your personal data may be made accessible to recipients located outside of Belgium. This includes in particular: (i) the countries where members of the AGICOA Alliance are active, (ii) as applicable, the countries from where our service providers operate (including the U.S.) and countries from which declarants access the AGICOA International Rights Royalty Information System (“IRRIS”).
VIII. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal data.
We have put in place appropriate technical and organizational measures against unauthorized access, accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data.
All personal data you provide us is stored securely.
IX. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
AEB’s website may contain links to other external websites and should not be construed as constituting any endorsement or approval of the external websites’ content. We take reasonable care in linking external websites but have no direct control over their content or the changes that may occur to the content on those external websites.
If you access external websites using the links provided, the operators of those websites may collect personal information from you that will be processed by them in accordance with their own privacy policies. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy policies of any other websites that you choose to visit.
X. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will erase or anonymize personal data as soon as it is no longer necessary for us to fulfill the purposes set out in section VI above. This period varies, depending on the type of data concerned and the applicable legal requirements.
Certain information relating in particular to the contractual relationship, or our tax and bookkeeping duties must be retained for at least 10 years. Other information is generally retained for shorter periods.
XI. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights about your personal data:
- The right to be informed about how we collect and process your personal data;
- The right to access the personal data we hold on you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
- The right to obtain a copy of your personal data;
- The right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete data;
- The right to have your personal data erased; and
- The right to restrict or object to its processing.
When we rely on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. You may also object at any time to the processing of your personal data or ask that your personal data be erased. AEB will then cease the processing and will erase your personal data except where there exists a legal basis for processing your personal data or a legitimate interest pursued by AEB or a third-party.
Note also that the erasure, restriction or objection may result in the termination of our services.
XIII. CONTACT US
We take your privacy very seriously and are committed to processing your data in compliance with applicable Belgian and EU data protection legislations.
If you are unhappy with how your request has been handled, you may lodge a complaint with the Belgian data protection supervisory authority:
Autorité de protection des données
Rue de la Presse 35
Tel.: +32 (0)2 274 48 00
or with the supervisory authority of the country of your habitual residence, of the place of work or of the place of the alleged infringement. As applicable, a list of the European Union Member States Data Protection Authorities is available here.